NMAG membership is open to philanthropic organizations and individuals based in or with giving programs in New Mexico. This includes private, family, corporate and community foundations; trust companies and other fiduciaries exercising trust grantmaking functions; individual donors who operate a grantmaking program in accordance with the practices of organized philanthropy; and public sector agencies and publicly supported foundations for which a primary purpose is grantmaking to multiple individuals or organizations.
Membership in the New Mexico Association of Grantmakers provides your organization’s staff and Board members with ongoing opportunities for professional development and networking and staying connected to New Mexico funders.
- Quarterly member luncheon meetings centered on sharing and mutual topics of interest. 2019 Dates: March 13, May 8, September 11, November 13
- Bi-annual joint conference for all New Mexico giving programs, foundations and nonprofit organizations. Conference is the state’s largest networking event for funders to network with local grantmakers and the nonprofit community. Next Conference: Fall 2019
- Co-Sponsorship/Member discounts with National Convening’s in New Mexico: Examples – Intermountain West Funder Network | Native Americans in Philanthropy |The International Funders for Indigenous Peoples (IFIP) Global Conference
- Council on Foundations as member of United Philanthropy Forum, the Council is offering a discounted rate to all of NMAG members to attend its Annual Conference at the Council member discounted rate of $1,199. 2019 Leading Together Conference, Miami April 29-May 1
- Peer Learning Groups are networks, meeting twice yearly, focusing on specific needs of our members in environment, health, arts and culture and education designed to promote exchange of knowledge and idea sharing, create effective settings for network-building, strengthen professional relationships, and encourage the exploration of strategies for addressing critical or urgent issues. Look for announcements throughout the year
- Informational state and national webinars and teleconferences on select topics. Examples – Census Citizenship Question, Charitable Tax Reform, foundation administration and operations
- Annual Conference of the United Philanthropy Forum, the largest gathering of the CEOs and staffs of regional and national philanthropy-serving organizations (PSOs) in the country to increase philanthropy’s impact. Summer 2019
- Foundations on the Hill (Washington, DC) – March 10-13, 2019
- Special Roundtable/Policy Discussions with state and federal policymakers and elected officials that help inform and educate our representatives about philanthropy and encourage representatives to seek out grantmakers as resources on key public policy issues.
- Funder Collboratives for effective coordination and management of joint initiatives among funders. Examples: New Mexico Nonprofit Landscape Study, New Mexico Counts 2020 – Census Funder Committee, Environmental Public Health Advocacy Network
- Quarterly email newsletter with timely information on upcoming programs and on policy issues
- Web site with links to relevant resources, and to promote member announcements, spotlights, grants, events
- Member updates on critical issues or sharing information among funders
- Annual Member Directory of key staff contacts for all members
- National Community Foundation CEO Listserve A service for NMAG’s community foundation members
- Foundation Legal Help Desk through the Indiana Philanthropy Alliance (IPA), United Philanthropy Fourm and members of New Mexico Association of Grantmakers have access to legal assistance. IPA has a long history of providing this service to their members of community foundations with answers to legal questions related to the operation of a community foundation. To learn more click here.
- Salary and Benefits Reports for due diligence on local and regional practices for administrative and operations decision making 2017 New Mexico Foundation CEO Salary and Benefits Report, 2018 New Mexico Foundation and Nonprofit Benefits Analysis
- Research on New Mexico Philanthropy and National grantmaking Philanthropy in New Mexico 2018 Edition, Ongoing New Mexico Foundation Data Dashboard on NMAG website
- Staff available to answer questions/research questions and give presentations to member board, staff on charitable giving and philanthropy
- Access to national resource experts
- Discounted Rates at all NMAG Programs and Events
- Discounted Rates on annual Community Foundation Bootcamp sponsored by the Indiana Philanthropy Alliance (IPA). For more information click here.
- NMAG/United Philanthropy Forum member vendor discounts and philanthropy partnership benefits. See 2019 benefits list below.
- Philanthropy New Mexico Resource Library – The library of sample documents, publications, and handbooks covers a broad range of issues, from job descriptions to board policies to financial statements to granting strategies.
NMAG Member Vendor Discounts and Philanthropy Partnership Benefits (2019)
- EXPONENT PHILANTHROPY- United Philanthropy Forum is partnering with Exponent Philanthropy to develop a menu of opportunities available exclusively to NMAG members. If you have a desire to serve your leanly-staffed members better but don’t have the resources or staff capacity to do so, Exponent Philanthropy resources and programs can complement your existing offerings.
- ALLIANCE MAGAZINE – Members receive a 20% discount on new print and digital subscriptions to this magazine for philanthropy and social investment worldwide providing news and analysis of what’s happening in the sector.
- BROMELKAMP COMPANY – Designed in Microsoft Access and Microsoft Dynamics, Bromelkamp Company products, Akoya.net and Pearl, are user-modifiable and customized to meet foundations’ needs and are available to members at a 5% discount.
- CHANGING OUR WORLD – Members can receive a 20% discount off the Toolkit +Coaching, a 16-week guided strategic planning process for community engagement to help companies develop thoughtful strategies that leverage corporate assets to benefit the community.
- CLICKTIME – Track employee time against the programs and grants you manage, ensure compliance, drive increased funding, and manage expenses with ClickTIme, which provides online time tracking and expense for members.
- COMMUNITY FOUNDATION SERVICES – Community foundation services include a national listserv for CEOs of community foundations and two in-person boot camp trainings a year.
- CROUDCOMPASS by Cvent is a custom branded mobile event app for events and conferences to ensure attendees are engaged, offered to NMAG members at a discounted rate.
- GREAT AMERICAN INSURANCE GROUP – United Philanthropy Forum is partnering with NMAG and the Grant American Insurance Group to offer premium pricing programs for D&O, Liability and other coverage to qualified NMAG members at a discounted rate.
- ELECTRIC EMBERS LISTSERVES – Configure and maintain discussions lists (public and private) using Electric Embers at a 40% discount.
- FAMILY PHILANTHROPY ONLINE KNOWLEDGE CENTER- Members receive access to cutting edge resources in family philanthropy through discounted subscriptions to NCFP’s online knowledge center.
- THE FOUNDATION REVIEW – Members receive a 20% subscription discount on the first peer-reviewed journal of philanthropy, written by and for foundation staff and boards and those who work with them. Each quarterly issue provides peer-reviewed reports about the field of philanthropy.
- FOUNDATION LEGAL HELP DESK – Members receive access to the Help Desk, designed to provide foundations with access to answers to legal questions related to the operations of a foundation.
- GUIDESTAR- Members receive a 20% discount on popular GuideStar products including GuideStar Premium and Pro, Financial SCAN, GuideStar Nonprofit Compensation Report, and GuideStar Charity Check.
- PHILANTRACK – Streamline grants management with 10% member discount for PhilanTrack for Grantmakers, which saves time and money while achieving a better return on grants.
- READYTALK – Members receive access easy-to-use audio/web/video conferencing at 40% off their regular rate (even less than TechSoup)
- RINGCENTRAL – Members receive a 15% discount on RingCentral’s comprehensive VOIP phone system, webinars, and audio and video conferences that can be managed from any computer or smartphone. Connect all your employees and locations on the same phone system and take your business anywhere with free phone and desktop apps.
- STANFORD SOCIAL INNOVATION REVIEW – Members can receive a discounted subscription to Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR), whose mission is to advance, educate, and inspire the field of social innovation by seeking out, cultivating, and disseminating the best in research- and practice-based knowledge.