NMAG NewsMidyear Forum on Technology and Living Systems
July 12, 2015 –
Over 40 participants met on Wednesday July 8, 2015 for the New Mexico Association of Grantmaker’s Mid-Year Forum co-sponsored with the Intel Corporation in Rio Rancho, New Mexico.
The Forum focused on the role of philanthropy and how technology is being applied in the non-profit sector to improve social conditions within our communities.
The program began with a welcome and introductions and included a joint presentation and participant discussion with two social innovators in technology:
- Lisa Abeyta, Founder and CEO APPCityLife, Inc.
- T.J. Cook, CEO CauseLabs, Inc.
The forum ended with a funder panel on the role of philanthropy in supporting technological solutions and economic development for greater equity in communities; and the need to support Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education, student achievement.
- Natasha Martell, Intel Southwest Region Education Manager and Media Relations Manager
- Kathy Keith, Executive Director, Regional Development Corporation and the Venture Acceleration Fund
- Rodney Sanchez, Ph.D. Founder, Purple Neuron