Upcoming NMAG EventWednesday, March 13, 2019 | Quarterly Membership Meeting
NMAG Quarterly Membership Meeting
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
10:30 am – 2:00 pm MT
United Way of Central New Mexico, Training Center
2340 Alamo Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106
*Remote Access Option Available*
Open to all New Mexico Funders, Trustees, Board Members & Staff
10:30 – 11:00 am Registration and Networking
11:00 – 11:15 am Welcome, Introductions and Announcements
11:15– 11:30 am Member introductions, presentations and sharing
11:15 – 12:15 Findings from the New Mexico Nonprofit Support System Landscape Study
The New Mexico Association of Grantmakers just released the New Mexico Nonprofit Support System Landscape Study, led by a group of 10 supporting funders and a steering committee members. Apex staff will present the findings from this yearlong study that provides recommendations on next steps to unite and engage funders in support of a stronger, more effective and sustainable nonprofit sector.
- Carlos Romero, MBA, President and Senior Evaluator, Apex
- Nancy Hood, PhD, Senior Evaluator, Apex
Facilitated Discussion & Q/A
12:15 – 1:00 pm Networking Lunch (provided)
1:00 – 2:00 pm New Mexico Collaborative Zone Grant funders presentation
The New Mexico Collaborative Zone Grant Funders will provide an update on lessons learned and progress of this innovative opportunity for New Mexico funders interested in learning more. The Collaborative Zone Grant support collaborations of organizations and other entities to apply together for multi-year funding to test, prove and support approaches to New Mexico’s challenges that extend beyond the mission of any single organization.
- Wendy Lewis, Executive Director, McCune Charitable Foundation
- Henry Rael, Program Officer, McCune Charitable Foundation
- Allison Hagerman, Associate Program Officer, McCune Charitable Foundation
- Allan Oliver, Executive Director, Thornburg Foundation
- Bill Smith, President and CEO, Santa Fe Community Foundation
- JooHee Rand, Vice President for Community Investment and Strategy, Santa Fe Community Foundation
The NM Counts 2020 Census Funders will meet immediately following the Quarterly Membership Meeting.
Thank you to the United Way of Central New Mexico for generously co-hosting this meeting.