Upcoming NMAG EventNMAG 2019 Annual Conference and Membership Meeting
Investing in a Strong and Equitable New Mexico Social Sector
Wednesday & Thursday November 13 & 14, 2019
Sandia Resort and Conference Center
30 Rainbow Rd, Albuquerque, NM 87113
Join us for our 2019 Annual Conference, “Investing in a Strong and Equitable New Mexico Social Sector”, on Wednesday, November 13 and a half day post-conference session, “Health and Social Equity” co-sponsored with Con Alma Health Foundation on Thursday, November 14, 2019.
The conference will bring funders, investors, nonprofit and government leaders, and nonprofit capacity providers together to promote greater collaboration and more effective investments in New Mexico’s nonprofit organizations and the broader social sector.
- New Research Findings: “The Economic Impact of the Nonprofit Sector in New Mexico & New Mexico State of the Economy”
- How investing in nonprofits can create social impact and create more equitable and thriving communities.
- How building community wealth and encouraging an inclusive economy can help New Mexico funders, investors and governments meet their goals.
- How investments in Native American communities can provide unique opportunities for long-term positive outcomes.
- Census 2020 Updates: How to help assure a fair and accurate count in your community and protect federal funds that nonprofits rely on.
- Learn about the launch of a new statewide funder and nonprofit alliance to build social sector capacity in New Mexico.
- Building health and social equity to protect the well-being of children and families in New Mexico.
Interested in Sponsorship?
Agenda: Wednesday, November 13, 2019
8:00 to 9:00 am: Registration, Networking and Light Breakfast
9:00 to 9:15 am: Welcome and Opening Remarks
9:15 – 10:00 am: Plenary Keynote Presentation – The social impact of New Mexico’s nonprofit sector
10:00– 10:30 am: Break
10:30 – 11:45 am: Opening Plenary Panel Discussion and Reactor Panel: New Findings from the 2019 Economic Impact of the Nonprofit Sector in New Mexico & New Mexico State of the Economy, Jeff Mitchel, Director, Bureau of Business & Economic Research (BBER), University of New Mexico.
12:00 – 1:00 pm: Networking Lunch
1:00 – 3:00 pm: Breakout Sessions
- Building Statewide Infrastructure for Nonprofit Capacity in New Mexico with Allan Smart, PhilanthropywoRx
- Investing in Tribal Communities with Native Women Lead
- Inclusive Economy and Community Wealth Building with the New Mexico Impact Investing Collaborative
- Enhancing Public Private Partnerships
3:00-3:15 pm: Break
3:15 – 4:00: Closing Remarks
4:00 – 5:00: Annual NMAG membership meeting
4:30 – 6:30 pm: Reception and Networking
Agenda: Thursday, November 14, 2019
Post Conference Session: Health and Social Equity in New Mexico
7:30 – 8:30 am: Breakfast Round-tables
- Health Impact Assessments
- Opioid epidemic
- Youth suicide prevention
- Adverse childhood experiences
- Environmental public health (New Mexico Environmental Public Health Advocacy Network)
8:30 – 10:30 am Post-Conference Workshop
- Building communities of practice through social investments to protect the well-being of children and families in New Mexico
Lisa Cacari Stone, PhD, MS, MA, Associate Professor of Health, Social Policy, College of Population Health, Director, Trans-disciplinary Research, Equity and Engagement Center for Advancing Behavioral Health
10:30 – 12:00 pm Health and Social Equity Discussion with Brian Smedley, Co-founder, Executive Director, National Collaborative for Health Equity, Co- Sponsored with Con Alma Health Foundation
12:00 – 1:00 pm Networking Lunch