Past EventFunder Briefing – Youth POWER in the Southwest
This briefing will have funder-to-funder activities and opportunities to participate alongside young leaders from across the country in FCYO’s second national YouthCORE convening: Youth Power 2017: From Rooted Resilience to Rising Power (taking place November 16-19).
FCYO is collaborating with the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and will seek to update the Southwest Story, uplifting youth organizing across New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and Texas.
Hear the latest research on how youth organizing supports the holistic development of young people. Attendees will:
- Have opportunities for peer to peer engagement and strategizing with other local and national funders.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the past, present, and future of youth leadership for social change with supported data and research.
- Engage with youth leaders from across the country at the largest national cross issue youth organizing convening
Hear directly from youth organizations to:
- Build a deeper understanding regarding the history of youth and intergenerational organizing in the Southwest that
intersects with culture and identity.
- Take an in depth look at immigration organizing efforts in the Southwest including sanctuary and DACA.
- Learn about empowerment and organizing efforts with indigenous youth.
Here is the agenda at-a-glance:
November 15 – Welcome dinner, beginning at 5pm at the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
November 16 – Funder briefing, 8am – 4pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel
November 17 – Learning tours