Founded in 1991, New Mexico Association of Grantmakers is dedicated to increasing the effectiveness and impact of organized philanthropy throughout our state.
New Mexico Association of Grantmakers (NMAG) is a regional membership association that provides programs, research and educational resources, and networking opportunities for grantmakers throughout New Mexico.
Our members include representatives from a cross-section of private foundations, public charities, governmental grantmakers, corporate philanthropists and individuals giving across the state.
As an association of public and private sector grantmakers, NMAG seeks to encourage and strengthen philanthropy by:
- Facilitating increasing communication and information sharing among members
- Alerting members to community needs and emerging issues in philanthropy
- Enhancing the effectiveness of members’ decision-making and their use of philanthropic resources
- Encouraging the development of new philanthropy
- Promoting sound public policy on issues affecting philanthropy and the public sector
- Improving grantmaker-grantseeker cooperation and communication
- Initiating, leading and facilitating collaborations and new approaches to solving community problems